Who we are
Upcom is a company originally founded in Brussels, Belgium, in 1997. In 2006, the company decided to grow bigger; the company is active now in the fields of Java/J2EE and .Net development, the supply of IT consultants to end-clients and the broader interaction between business and Information Technology units. In the beginning of 2007, the company expanded in Athens, Greece, where most of the development activity takes place. Since 2008, turnover has been constantly increased, while profits were always positive. See below for a graph of both during the last years. Currently, more than 25 employees and 10 external collaborators are part of the Upcom work force.
Senior System Administrator
Trainee Software Engineer
Recruitment, Development & Administration
Help businesses to effectively automate their activities and processes and to guarantee that all automation efforts are of highest possible quality, properly co-ordinated and in line with their business strategy. Upcom specialises in the automation of business processes, but has already implemented a number of solutions in other areas, like production, engineering, etc. All solutions suggested are based on a clear automation need, justified either by the complexity of the process or the high number of repeating operations. As an independent actor Upcom consults high-end management on business to IT issues, commonly referred as IT business services. Setting up the IT strategy or validating the activities of the IT department against the business requirements are just an example of tasks Upcom performs. Services offered by Upcom target the high end of SMEs and larger organizations. Nevertheless, we believe that every organization wishing to use the Information Technology as the bandwagon for competing in its market is a potential customer.
Code of Conduct
In order to offer the level of quality Upcom desires and our clients demand, the following code of conduct is followed by anyone working for Upcom.
- Performing according to the plan is not enough; our goal is exceed the expectations and satisfy client desires before even they become needs.
- Our ultimate goal is to “bring business and IT together” for the benefits of the client organisation; this can only be achieved when involved parties exceed their limits and manage to perform beyond their short-sighted assignments!
- The human dimension is considered of higher priority than all others.
- Collaborators should never abuse their position against the smaller and less capable in the project, be it collaborators, client representatives or other intervening parties.
- The adherence to the laws and their spirit is mandatory, while the exploitation of their imperfections for one’s own benefit or for negative impact to others is not in line with this code of conduct.
- The respect of the individual is expected, irrespective of her social, economic or business position.
- Client rules and goals should be respected, unless clearly in contradiction to the current code of conduct.
- Ideas, opinions, suggestions – even on issues mastered by the collaborator – are debated and explained using valid arguments, clearly avoiding superiority syndromes and behaviour.
- Upcom will take all necessary measures so that clients show the same respect to collaborators.
- ‘Hidden’ deals or agendas are not in line with this code of conduct.
- Full transparency for the project status to all intervening parties is mandatory.
- Relative transparency to the financial elements of the project is encouraged, destroying false impressions.
- Professional services are delivered according to the education and previous experience; the influence by non-technical elements or the desires of superiors should not dictate the service delivery.
- Every activity should consider the requirements of the three major intervening parties of the project: the client, the service provider and the society overall.
- Delivering services for which required education and/or adequate experience does exist must not exist.
- Continuous (self)training is expected to maintain the necessary technical skills.
- Collaborators are invited to participate in projects under the condition they are able to commit on the effort estimates they delivered.
- They are expected to commit on their offer for a limited period following the offer; during this period, if Upcom should start the project, the collaborators are expected to make themselves available to the project for the complete duration originally agreed.
Bld. Louis Schmidt 16 Etterbeek 1040 Belgium